Feb 13, 2010

Facebook, Etsy ...the Web!! - Oh, My!


Do you feel like there are multiple versions of you out there?

Where have you been, what did you say, where did you say it...
~~~

What is the URL, what is your password, which account is this one. ...What??

Yes, that's right, I'm not talking about the dreaded memory loss or personal interactions. I'm talking about virtual reality, social networking, network marketing, bill-paying, learning, socializing... all that.

If you are friend of mine on Facebook, you will see by all the links to the left that we (Autumn Sun Alpacas) are signed up everywhere: Facebook, Blogger, Ravelry, Etsy, Artfire, Flickr, not to mention AlpacaNation and our website (well, soon to be launched).

Not too bad, but then add the accounts and passwords for the email service, ARI, AOBA, ABR, SECAB, the Google groups, the Yahoo groups, the special website groups/newsletters....

And let's not forget about webshopping store accounts, bill paying, school lunch account, finances, photo storage -- oh my! Work passwords? Lets not even go there, because that adds another double digit count of accounts/passwords.

Would you believe that 99% of these rattle around my head in some form, because I don't trust writing them down. Or if I do, I encrypt them so that I cannot figure out what I wrote later - to my endless frustration.

I wonder sometimes if this level of 'convenience' is a bit overwhelming! Whew! We love it, we hate it, but technology is part of our lives. This review shows how it is firmly entrenched in all aspects -- from school, to work, to farm, to fun.

So, just keep your head on straight, maybe with a little cheatsheet if necessary, and remember all those versions of you out there! :)


Good luck,



Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment