Sep 24, 2010

Synchronicity.... and Alpacas on David Letterman

I was downstairs laboring away at getting some fiber carded up to spin at the NAFD event I'm joining tomorrow (the SECAB Alpaca Roundup in Colorado Springs, CO), when Michael came trotting down the stairs to admonish that I should be watching channel 10 (CBS, right?) for the David Letterman show because alpacas were going to be on.  It turns out that AOBA just sent out an announcement that said to look for it.

So, I quickly flipped the channel from USA to watch David Letterman.  I don't often watch Letterman anymore but I used to.  I found it enjoyable, watching his interviews with the Sofia Vergara from Modern Family (great show!), among the others.  I thought Shakira was eye-catching (certainly for the guys), but not so talented; give me Michael Grimm or Jackie Evancho's singing any day over that.




So, the alpacas looked great and were well behaved.  They were in costume and on leads.  It may seem like not much to people, but they did everything that they were asked in a small, crowded stage filled with people and other alpacas, all wearing costumes.  So, I was thrilled (though a little disappointed that I didn't hear more about them being said on the show).

I could not find a video clip of it and wasn't willing to watch the episode online to get it. So, I highly recommend find a copy of the Letterman episode to watch.  Below are the links to the announcement by AOBA and a blog posting highlighting the alpacas in the show.


Just in case you didn't see Michael Grimm on America's Got Talent, here is link to his video clips on YouTube.  It's worth a few minutes to listen to a new star.  BTW, in Googling this, I see that he just proposed to his girlfriend of 3 years.  Cool: stardom, a million dollars, and a fiancee!  Good for him.










And, don't forget that tomorrow - Saturday, 9/25/10 from 10 am to 4 pm - we will be at the SECAB (Southeastern Colorado Alpaca Breeders) "Alpaca Roundup" in celebration of NAFD (National Alpaca Farm Day). This will be at Pikes Peak Alpacas farm [map removed for safety on old post]. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with NAFD! I'm having a celebration at my farm.

    I had Grumpy DVR the Letterman show...I was exhausted. Now I have it saved to watch again.

    ReplyDelete