Jan 28, 2010

Arrghh! -- Facebook -- a Modernly Insane Habit?

My experiences sometimes are a contrast in 'old-fashioned' and modern.

I grew up around chickens, but I've used my share of technology.

I could care less about an IPOD but cannot imagine life without internet and my laptop.

So, when I joined Facebook finally and used it for a while, I was of two minds:

1) This was fun and comfortable, chatting back and forth, and...

2) Are the creators of this programming and the apps the most SADISTIC, truculent, and insane people on the web?!??!?

It seems that nothing on FB is obvious, compendious or well-documented. You blunder into things and then ask people (your Friends) for help or google it.

Today, I again felt this frustration as I attempted to join an app that would allow me to put this blog on my FB page. What a surprise, it didn't work right (yet)! I started to ask a question, but app wanted me to use another app just to ask! Nope, I bailed out and just asked my Friends, as usual.

...Yes, now I'm just venting. :)

I wouldn't even say that I am giving you advice or caution, because I know that I will go back to Facebook again. ...It's like I'm hooked. ... a FB junkie? Naw, I don't do apps. Oh wait, I just crossed that line... Naw, I show restraint, well at least to being on it to 2, 3, max 5 times a day.

Okay, well maybe I'm hooked on it, but maybe that's the way of the 'modern' life... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment